Range of advanced composite fibres for thermoplastic applications
Or search via thread type
Coats Synergex is a range of custom composite fibres for thermoplastic applications. Produced in our new Carbon Cell, Synergex eliminates the need for resins and autoclaving which can accelerate manufacturing processes.
Coats Synergex range includes commingling and twisting as well as different coatings and winding services.
- Sporting Goods
- Wind Energy
- RTP (Reinforced Thermoplastic Pipes)
Features & Benefits
- Commingling of thermoplastic yarns with reinforcement fibres eliminates the need for resins
- Final composite parts can be metal pressed eliminating the need for autoclaving
- Lower moulding cycle times accelerates manufacturing processes
- Able to be embroidered directly into complex shapes
- Capable of being re-melted and recycled which can reduce waste and costs
- Increased impact resistance in comparison to thermoset composites
- Diverse range of reinforcement fibre and thermoplastic yarn options available to better suit end use criteria