Made from Liquid Crystal Polymer used for aerospace and military applications
Or search via thread type
Coats Atlantis is made from Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP), a new generation raw material that is commonly used in highly demanding aerospace and military applications. Coats Atlantis offers exceptional flex fatigue resistance combined with superior load bearing characteristics.
In fact, Coats Atlantis was used to sew the airbag assembly that cushioned the landing of the Mars Pathfinder on the surface of the red planet - a real mission-critical application.
- Cut proof security bags
- Electronic support structures
- Sports footwear
- Dress and casual footwear
- Hot air balloons
- Industrial applications
- Kite threads
- Ocean exploration and development
- Protective apparel and high-pressure inflatables
- Recreation and leisure industry
- Ropes and cables
- Safety materials
Features & Benefits
- Coats Atlantis offers exceptional flex fatigue and fold characteristics, withstanding repetitive stresses and strains
- It has high strength and modulus yield excellent load bearing and recovery properties
- The thread exhibits excellent creep resistance which provides dimensional stability without developing any slack
- Coats Atlantis has minimal moisture absorption, allowing it to retain all its superior physical properties even under highly humid conditions
- There is a high resistance to chemical degradation and preserves properties under acidic or alkaline conditions which ensures performance under all chemical environments
- Coats Atlantis has an outstanding cut resistance, it is ideal for protection from sharp edges
- It has superior vibration damping characteristics are excellent for cushioning repetitive impact loads
- The thread has a high dielectric strength, ensuring excellent insulation properties
- Coats Atlantis exhibits low coefficient of thermal expansion, along with excellent property retention in high and low temperatures, resulting in dimensional stability under heat or cold
|Tex No.||Ticket No. (Nm)||Ply||Average Strength||Elongation %||Recommended Needle Size|
*Needle size recommendations are a guide only and ultimately depend on the sewing application
|24||120||2||4,200||4,283||2 - 8||10 - 14||70 - 90|
|35||80||3||7,154||7,295||3 - 6||14 - 18||90 - 110|
|60||40||3||15,680||15,989||3 - 6||19 - 22||120 - 140|
Physical and Chemical Properties of Atlantis
|Coats Technical Advisory Service is available to support and advise customers in this regard|
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.