Twisted polyester thread designed to provide resistance against harsh weather conditions
Or search via thread type
Coats Dabond is a bonded, twisted continuous filament polyester thread. Combining superior sewing performance with excellent UV and abrasion protection, Coats Dabond is specifically designed to provide resistance against harsh weather making it an excellent thread for outdoor use.
Dabond is most notably used in the manufacturing of sails and other outdoor and marine applications. Unlike conventional polyester bonded threads, Dabond has exceptional bond cohesion, giving it excellent sewing properties even in the toughest of conditions.
- Sail making
- Outdoor goods and sports equipment
- Military applications
- Lift slings
- Tie downs
- Applications requiring vinyl and chlorine bleach-fastness
Features & Benefits
- Coats Dabond has excellent UV resistance for applications exposed to marine water and sunlight
- Unique bonding technology that safeguards against ply untwisting in zig zag sewing and can sew through many layers of heavily finished fabric
- Dual level lubricated finish for needle heat protection and smooth sewing
- Excellent bleach, mildew and rot resistance
- Coats Dabond is the only environmentally friendly bonded polyester thread available in the market
- The industry standard for sail making and other outdoor and marine applications
- Special version of in-line dyed Coats Dabond available for excellent vinyl fastness
|Tex No.||Ticket No.||Ply||Average Strength||Elongation %||Recommended Needle Size|
|(Nm)||cN||Min - Max||Metric|
Coats Dabond is also available in belbobs and barbobs. Benefits include 5-20% machine productivity increase, precision wind for uniform pull-off tension, improved stitch appearance.
|27||100||2||2,058||12 - 22||80 - 100|
|35||80||3||2,130||12 - 24||80 - 100|
|40||60||2||2,400||12 - 24||90 - 110|
|50||50||2||3,330||12 - 24||90 - 110|
|60||40||3||4,250||12 - 24||110- 120|
|80||30||3||5,195||12 - 24||120 - 140|
|105||25||4||6,664||12 - 24||120 - 140|
|135||20||3||8,085||12 - 24||130 - 160|
|150||18||3||8,820||16 - 28||130 - 160|
|240||12||3||14,430||16 - 28||160 - 200|
|270||10||3||17,000||14 - 26||160 - 200|
|350||9||3||20,000||14 - 26||160 - 200|
|400||7||3||27,930||15 - 30||180 - 230|
|450||6||3||29,400||14 - 26||180 - 230|
Physical and Chemical Properties of Dabond
|Melting point 250 - 260°C|
|Special in-line dyed Coats Dabond available for UV fade resistance of 4 - 5|
|Insects / Micro-organisms (mildew, rot)||
|Coats Dabond Fastness Properties|
|Washing at 60°C||ISO 105 C10 C||Grade 4 - 5|
|Water Fastness||ISO 105 E01||Grade 4|
|Rub Fastness||ISO 105 X12||Grade 3 - 4|
|Vinyl Transfer||CTC-TP-1032-003||Grade 5|
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.