Polyester-wrapped thread with a polyester filament core
Or search via thread type
Epic thread is a versatile high quality polyester corespun sewing thread used by leading brands and manufacturers worldwide to make their products better.
Coats Epic can be used in many different applications and in a wide range of fabrics from delicate silks to robust denims and high tech performance materials; at all times ensuring excellent stitch formation and good looking seam appearance.
Choosing to use Coats Epic will not only enhance the appearance of sewn products but can greatly improve the productivity and performance of a sewing production line.
Finished with a specially formulated lubricant it delivers excellent sewing performance at low tension under the most demanding of conditions.
- Fashion apparel
- Blouses and shirts
- Jackets and dress slacks
- Lingerie and swimsuits
- Uniforms and workwear
- Various leather articles
Features & Benefits
- Epic is a stronger, more durable, precisely engineered sewing thread whose superior performance results in benefits to customers such as lower repair rates, lower RTMs, lower irregulars and increased productivity
- World-class quality, greater abrasion resistance and perfect colour matching also explain why Epic is the thread of choice worldwide
- The high strength core allows use of finer threads and needles without compromising strength compared to staple spun threads
- Certified to Öko-Tex Standard 100, class I, the most stringent class covering textile items for babies and toddlers
- Meets Coats restricted substance list
- Excellent colour fastness performance level
Make it Epic
Please view our three short films that outline the benefits of Coats Epic sewing thread, highlighting the excellent appearance and affordable quality that it’s use can bring to a wide range of products.
Coats Epic comes from the company who invented corespun threads and continues to lead in innovation and to bring customers added value and peace of mind.
|Global Offer Tex No.||Ticket No. (Nm)||Average Strength||Elongation % Min - Max||Recommended Needle Size|
* Indicates 3 ply thread
Standard put-up length for fine sizes of Epic is 5,000m; use article code 2994. For long length put-up 10,000m; use article code 2996 in place of 2994.
Needle size recommendations are a guide only and ultimately depend on the sewing application.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of thread, the thread user should assure herself or himself by preliminarily testing that the thread is suitable for the end use intended. Technical information listed above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative.
|18||180||780||17 - 22||65 - 75|
|21||150||980||17 - 22||65 - 75|
|24||120||1,190||17 - 22||70 - 90|
|30||100||1,490||17 - 22||75 - 90|
|40||80||1,960||18 - 24||75 - 90|
|40*||80||1,780||18 - 24||75 - 90|
|60||50||3,530||18 - 25||100 - 120|
|60*||50||3,040||18 - 25||100 - 120|
|80||40||3,940||18 - 25||100 - 120|
|105||30||4,790||18 - 25||110 - 130|
|105||28||5,910||18 - 25||110 - 130|
|120||25||6,080||18 - 25||120 - 140|
|135||20||7,150||18 - 25||120 - 140|
|150||18||8,040||18 - 25||130 - 160|
|180||16||9,570||18 - 25||130 - 160|
|210||12||9,800||20 - 25||130 - 160|
|240||10||14,700||20 - 26||160 - 200|